Being a Midwestern boy, I have found several things about the South, particularly western North Carolina, rather appealing. Here are a few of them:
- Bojangles' biscuits - KFC has nothing on these biscuits.
- Weather - just enough snow to scratch the itch, but it only lasts until noon!
- Mountains - there is just something comforting about being surrounded by mountains.
- Bluegrass and Mountain music - while some find the banjo appalling, I rather like it.
- Time - early morning is 9:00 am. Can't beat that.
- Love for the past - they are still stewing over the Civil War.
- Waving - when driving, you wave at people whether you know them or not.
- Sweet tea - need I say more?