Saturday, May 24, 2008

New Indiana Jones Movie


I went to see the late showing of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull on opening night. First of all, I am a huge Indiana Jones fan. I grew up on Raiders of the Lost Ark. I was eagerly anticipating this new movie unlike any other. So, with a heavy heart, I am sad to say this movie SUCKED. I tried so hard to like it, but alas, I could not. The visuals were poor, the dialogue trite, the characters underdeveloped, and, worst of all, the story was so totally unbelievable I was ashamed to be an Indiana Jones fan. I waited twenty years for this piece of junk? Hence I am working hard to banish the memory of this movie from my mind. Bleccch!

2 comments:

Burly said...

I saw it too ... a cookie cutter movie ... a throw back to Temple of Doom (the worst of the three ... until this one), and George Lucas dialogue certainly SUCKS ... no other way to say it. The moment I saw the prairie dog, I knew George Lucas had sullied this movie into pure poop.

Anonymous said...

Ha! EXACTLY what I thought: I groaned when the prairie dog mound flashed on the screen at the very beginning, because I knew this movie was going to be a BIG mistake.